Captain Midnight here with fantastic news.
Chinese New Year 2018 and it’s the Year of the Dog!
I thought every year was the year of the dog. I had no idea that we canines are only acknowledged in the calendar once every 12 years. That probably explains why Himself has been feeding me on dog biscuits and keeping the good stuff for himself up to now. Maybe this year I’ll get to see a bit of chicken now and again.
But what if Himself hasn’t heard about Chinese New Year? He’s a bit dopey about stuff like that. I must make sure that he knows the score.
It’s the Year of the Dog. That means I’m officially in charge for the next 12 months and we’re all going to follow the rules of the pack. So…
- No swanning off on foreign holidays without me
- You can still share the bed but I get the middle
- I also get to choose my place on the sofa
- I like to be tickled and scratched behind both ears
- We go out for a walk whenever I want, and..
- We chase pheasants in the fields everyday
- All postmen are banned from the house
- Cats are not welcome in the vicinity
- Barking is my birthright, get used to it
- Either we both get chicken or neither of us eats
Your loving friend
PS: The Hydegate Pet Resort isn’t a hotel for dogs, it’s a kennel.
PPS: Sitting at your desk pretending to write isn’t real work.